DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
- “Personal Information” means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person and where it is applicable, identifiable, existing juristic person, including all information as defined in POPI.
- “POPI” means the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
- “Community” includes clients, students, employees, contractual life coaches, consultants and suppliers.
- “Belinda Pieterse” means Belinda Pieterse Counselling and Life Coaching
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Belinda Pieterse will only collect and/or process the Personal Information of persons who have consented to such collection and/or processing.
- In collecting and/or processing Personal Information:
- Belinda Pieterse will only collect and/or process Personal Information for a purpose consistent with the purpose for which such Personal Information is required. The specific purpose for which Personal Information is collected and/or processed will be lawful and such purpose will be apparent from the context in which the Personal Information is requested.
- Belinda Pieterse will only collect and/or process Personal Information in a manner that is adequate, relevant and not excessive in the context of the purpose for which it is collected and/or processed.
- Personal Information will only be processed for a purpose compatible with that for which it was collected, unless you have agreed to an alternative purpose in writing or Belinda Pieterse is permitted to do so in terms of national legislation of general application dealing primarily with the protection of Personal Information.
- Belinda Pieterse will keep records of all Personal Information collected as well as the specific purpose for which it was collected, for a period of 1 (one) year from the date on which such Personal Information was last used or Belinda Pieterse is required, by law, to keep such records for a longer period of time.
- Belinda Pieterse will not disclose any person’s Personal Information to any third party, unless such person, whose Personal Information is so requested, has provided Belinda Pieterse with prior written consent to do so or Belinda Pieterse is required, by law, to disclose such information to a third party.
- Where Belinda Pieterse has obtained consent to disclose any person’s Personal Information to any third party, Belinda Pieterse will retain a record of the Personal Information so disclosed. Such record shall include the third party to which the Personal Information was disclosed, the reason for such disclosure and the date of such disclosure. This record shall be kept by Belinda Pieterse for a period of 1 (one) year from the date on which the Personal Information was disclosed or Belinda Pieterse is required, by law, to keep such records for a longer period of time.
- Belinda Pieterse will destroy or delete any Personal Information that is no longer required by Belinda Pieterse for the purpose it was initially collected, or subsequently processed.
The implementation of this policy is assigned to the office of the records manager (“the Records Manager”).
Save as where otherwise resolved Belinda Pieterse is the Records Manager.
The Records Manager shall take reasonable measures to ensure that Personal Information is identified, classified, retained, stored, protected and disposed of in such a manner that its integrity is not compromised and that unlawful access to or dissemination of such Personal Information is prevented.
Notwithstanding the aforegoing, neither Belinda Pieterse nor the Records Manager, shall be liable under any circumstances for any loss or damage sustained as a result of unlawful access to or dissemination of any Personal Information.